This spring and now technically summer we have seen a spate of grass seeds. So far we have retrieved them from feet, ears, and two cases where they have been swallowed and caused injuries to the back of the throat and under the tongue.

We’d strongly advise to check your pets feet and ears especially if you have been walking in areas with long grass. Also If your pet has been eating grass- most commonly due to feeling sick, please be careful with which grasses you allow it to eat and avid any with the barbed seeds pictured.