Magnolia House Veterinary Clinic is committed to protecting your privacy and handling your personal information in a secure and responsible manner, in the accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. Please note that GDPR only relates to your personal data, and does not apply to any information we may hold about your pets.
We need to collect, process and store your personal information in order to fulfil our contract with you regarding provision of veterinary services to your pets. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, it may delay or prevent us form meeting our obligations, and it may adversely impact your pets’ care.
How we collect your personal data
- When you register with us as a client
- When you talk to us on the phone
- When you email us or write to us
- When you complete online forms on our website
- When you register for our Premier Pet Care Plan
- When your pet is microchipped
- When we complete your pet’s insurance forms
- When you take part in any surveys, competitions or promotions
What personal information do we hold
- Your name
- Your address
- Your telephone numbers (home, work, mobile, any other numbers that you choose to share with us)
- Your email address
- Any consent forms you have signed in the process of us taking care of your pets
- Copies of insurance forms
- Copies of microchipping forms
- Copies of Pet Passports
- Any correspondence (letters and emails) between us
How and why may we may need to contact you
- To discuss your pet’s medical concerns- via telephone, text or email
- To send you your pet’s vaccination reminders – via post
- Occasionally we may send you details of special offers, surveys or competitions – via text, post or email
In order to provide veterinary services to your pets and comply with our own professional regulations, we may need to share your data with third parties, including but not limited to:
- Insurance companies
- Microchip databases
- Other veterinary practices
- Our emergency service provider Vets Now
- Our practice management software company’s support team
- Our professional indemnity insurer
- The company running the Premier Pet Care Plan
- Debt collection agencies
We shall retain your personal data for as long as deemed necessary in order to provide you and your pets with our veterinary services. This will be a minimum of 7 years.
We shall never share your personal data with third parties, other than as described above, without your explicit consent.
Your rights to access, correction, erasure and restriction
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is correct. Please notify us of any changes to your personal information, especially address and contact details, and contact preferences so that we can keep your information up to date.
If we receive a request for your personal data form a third party other than as described above, we may need to contact you to obtain your permission to share your data. Any request for personal data will be responded to within 30 days.
You have the right to question any information we have about you that you think is wrong or incomplete and we shall take reasonable steps to check its accuracy and correct it. You have the right to object to our use of your personal information, or to ask us to delete, remove, or stop using your personal information if there is no need for us to keep it. This is known as the ‘right to object’ and ‘right to erasure’, or the ‘right to be forgotten’. There may be legal or other official reasons why we need to keep or use your data. Please tell us if you think that we should not be using your data and we shall review your request appropriately
You can also ask us to restrict the use of your personal data if it is not accurate, or if it is not longer relevant but you do not want us to delete it.
If you have any concerns about how and why we have used your personal information, please contact Dalya or Stan Livy via email at email@example.com, or in writing addressed to Magnolia House Veterinary Clinic, 1a Stony Lane, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 7LQ.
Register with us online
Please fill in the form, or come and have a chat to us in person!
Why Trust Us
Caring For Your Pet
We can meet your pet’s every need, from the first puppy or kitten (and bunny or gecko!) health check, through preventative care, to the most complicated investigation and treatment when they are unwell. We have the advanced facilities and expert knowledge you may expect from a much larger practice, and yet our small size allows us to retain the friendly, comfortable, and caring atmosphere we are known for.
Emergencies Out of Hours
Contact Vets Now Bournemouth on 01202 859 933